The May 12 tags Tags of 2014

Well I managed to finally make a tag using this months inspiration from Tim Holtz.   Here is his tag:


I really loved this months tag since one, it's so unique, 2, it involves using trinkets from your stash and three, I really enjoy composition.  I decided I wanted to do something a little different so I choose to do a Christmas themed tag, never too early to start preparing for Christmas right?  Also, since I don't have any of the new word-press folders I had to improvise, I used a small Sizzix embossing folder and used his inking technique by debossing my image.  Here's my results:

 

I used the Seasonal Stash papers from Ideology for my tiles.  It was fun to look through my dies to find the right sized Christmas die, I settled on the 25 from the Noel die that was released several years ago.  I love that font.  I decided to cover the numbers with fired brick Distress glitter.  I chose the background colors after I assembled the tags, that way I had a better idea of what colors would work best.  One other note, I used the larger Ranger tag for this, #10 I think.  Working with the bigger tag made this assemblage super easy.

As I was searching through my trinkets I squealed with delight when I found the skates!  I realized they would be a perfect addition hanging off the little knob!


I added mowed lawn to a Christmas word band and some Distress tarnished silver to a Christmas word token.


I had some wooden star embellishments and thought they would look beautiful covered with Pumice Distress Glitter!  I was not disappointed~


Lastly I added some of the Christmas Remnant rubs onto the debossed panel along with some corner Industrious stickers which I LOVE!

So that's my giant Christmas tag!  Go check out all the inspiration and instructions on Tim's blog and join in!

Thanks for taking a look!

Adrienne

Comments

  1. Fabulous tag ! You will have to put it somewhere safe until December ! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tag. My favorite time of the year.

    greetings Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Christmas theme, beautiful take of May tag!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts