Compendium of Curiosities 3, Challenge #2

Hello!  I was so excited when Linda Ledbetter started up the third addition of the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge based upon Tim Holt'z book, A Compendium of Curiosities #3.  This fortnight Linda and her fab designers are using the Distress Glitter techniques featured in Tim's book.  Here is my take on using the glitter:



I just recently ordered one of the new background stamps from Stampers Anonymous and it contained both the lace and this swirly marbled background stamp.  At first I would have thought that the lace background would be my favorite but upon working with this marbled stamped I am in love with it.  I used several shades of distress ink, peacock feathers, shabby shutters and mowed lawn, patted them onto my stamp randomly and then sprayed them with water, stamped it all onto some cold pressed water color paper.  Then I applied forrest moss onto my stamp and stamped over the mottled image.  I jus love the background.  It reminded me of a swirling ocean and then I was inspired to use the seahorse blueprint stamp from SA/Tim Holtz. 


I won't give you every detail of using the glitter but I will tell you how I got this seahorse to face a different direction.  I stamped it with Staz-On ink onto leftover clear packaging that comes with die cuts or clear boxes etc.  I then flipped the packaging over allowing for the image to be flipped,  I fussy cut it out and then added glitter in Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters, because of the sunlight the photo seemed to really changed those colors, seems they warmed up quite a bit in the light.  I cut a tattered banner from Tim's new Botanical papers and used a rub on.

I added die cuts from the Greenery dies which I cut out from paper that was inked up with various distress colors.  I added more Distress glitter in Peacock Feathers and Tumbled glass onto one of the sprigs.
Lastly I layered the piece onto a piece of Tim's Motif  kraft paper that had the dots on it, it reminded me of oxygen bubbles in the ocean.  I used some picket fence stain on the edges of a piece I cut down to 5x7.  I also added a strip of  Tim's Kraft Core Nostalgic collection paper to add a bit of contrast, behind the stamped piece.  The top of the stamped piece needed some balance so I added the new metal corners from Ideaology.

Lastly I  layered those die cuts onto a piece of cut cheese cloth and sprinkled on some random sequins that I recently won from a Pretty Pink Posh giveaway!  Other than the sequins and the cheesecloth  it turned out thatI used all Tim Holtz products!!  I love his stuff!


If you want to participate head on over to Linda Ledbetter's site and join in!

Thanks for Looking today!

Blessings,
Adrienne

Comments

  1. Adrienne, that background is mesmerizing... I love it! And the way you've done the seahorse with the different colors of distress glitter is stunning. So glad you joined in with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background, and love the glittery seahorse. Thank you so much for playing along with us on the glittery challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take on using distress glitter, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool - love all the swirly areas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts