Purple Power


Hello friends, I hope you are having a lovely Tuesday!

The Play Date Cafe has once again given us a lovely set if colors to challenge us with this week. 




I decided to do some Art Journaling.  Still trying to loosen up a bit more so I have not shown you guys some of my prior journaling...so here goes:


I used a combination of sprays....Dylusions in Crushed Grape, Glimmer Mist in Night B4 Christmas, and Glimmer Glam paint in Royal Velvet, the paint is both painted on and splattered lightly.  I sprayed water onto mt page first, sprayed the colors and then laid down the adjacent page to blend...now I have another Purple page for a different work.  I used a Tim Holtz stamp for the crackle look in the background and a Kaiser Craft stamp for the bubble wrap background.  I stamped those with Archival Ink in Plum and Deep Purple.  I then stamped the dress form from THoltz in black Archival as well as the "always" stamp, I don't remember who makes that one.  

Using the following photo as inspiration;


 I chose to create a heart using stamped images of spool tops.  These came from Maya Road and Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous.  I used Archival inks again in Plum, Deep Purple, Blue Violet and Magenta Hue. I love using the Archival inks with clear stamps as they seem to give the clearest stamped images.

Finally I did some embellishing with Momenta Metal Stickers and some pen work.  I replicated stitching as a boarder, around the heart too, right next to the heart I used a TH SA stamp which replicates a zig zag stitch.  I wanted some "pop" so I used a Marvy Deco Color Liquid Gold paint pen.

I'm loving the art journaling, I highly recommend everyone give it a try, you probably have most of the supplies laying around your craft space for a fun page!

I will be entering this into the following challenges, besides TPDC :


http://anythingchallenge.blogspot.com/ - stitching - real or faux

http://365cards.blogspot.com/ - Day 258 - Inkalicious (don't ya just love the name of that challenge?!!!










Comments

  1. Adrienne this is spectacular! Love the way you've recreated the heart from our inspiration photo and your faux stitching is absolute perfection! This is a wonderful work of art. Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Paper Trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring art journal page, it is terrific how you've woven elements of the inspiration to you throughout. I'm loving the color, the depth, the richness of this - it's got it all.

    This works wonderfully for Opus Gluei theme and thank you so much for playing with us on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those challenge colors, Adrienne! And you have made them look even more gorgeous together with your sprays and paints! Really love the touch of gold, and the spool tops are perfect for our challenge...so very happy you shared it with us at the CPT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts